Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Breastfeeding Journey

I am happy and proud to proclaim that I have achieved my first 4 months of breastfeeding journey!!
 
Because I didn't get to continue breastfeeding Isabelle after the 2nd month, I told myself and DH that with Gabrielle, I must give it a try, atleast beyond 2nd month. 
 
It didn't start off as smooth as I expected it to.  It wasn't easy. The thought of giving up and surrendering to formula was tempting and sounded easy. Struggled every now and then although deep inside, I knew that I would regret if I do.  And today, I am glad I persisted. The more I persisted, the more it reminded myself of my regrets of not giving Isabelle my best. DH gently reminded me that I did, and 2 months was better than none at all.
 
During the first month after Gabrielle was born, the ratio between formula and direct latch was initially 70/30.   After completing confinement, I slowly eliminate formula from our schedule.  And now, I am glad to say that Gabrielle is a 100% breastfed baby!! 
 
I am beginning to enjoy the fruits of breastfeeding.  Not only it is healthy.  It is free, convenient and most of all, I know I am giving her my very best.  And I love the bonding.  DH is getting jealous that Gabrielle doesn't fancy him as much! :) 
 
Just recently, strangers would comment that Gabrielle is so healthy looking and would normally look surprised and in awe when I said she is a fully breastfed baby! DH said I should be proud of myself :)
 
4 months is just a beginning! I hope I can continue until she says NO.


My Mommy is my
breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper & sometimes, midnight snack!

 

 

No comments: