I miss baking but have not had the chance to bake for the past one year or so since my oven decide to fail on me and I have yet to get a new oven to replace it. Been hearing about how easy it is to make this cake sans the baking and oven. Finally, I get to try out this recipe!
1. 1 1/4 cup flour
2. 1 tsp baking powder
3. 1 tsp bic. soda
4. A pinch of salt
1. 1 cup cocoa powder
2. 1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
3. 1/4 cup condensed milk
4. 1/4 cup evaporated milk (or fresh milk)
5. 1 cup oil or melted butter
6. 3 eggs
7. 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine and sieve dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Bain-marie (double boil) all wet ingredients except eggs. Once sugar dissolves, set aside and let it cool.
3. Add eggs into the butter, cocoa and milk mixture. Mix well.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients, mix well.
5. Pour mixture into greased or lined baking tins.
6. Steam for 40-50 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
*Mixture will be runny
1. 125gm butter/oil
2. 1/2 cup cocoa powder
3. 1/2 condensed milk
1. Bain-marie (double boil) all ingredients.
2. Cool and decorate cake as desired.
*Cake must be completely cooled before it is decorated.
DH - Good la!!! Can sell!!
DS - Nice ler!! Steamed? Don't bluff!
Me - I am surprised at the result. Always thought that cakes are baked.