Monday, August 30, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
- Mama (I love the way she says it.. melts my heart everytime)
- Papa (when she calls Papa more, I go green with envy)
- Ee Ee (my sister)
- Ku Ku (my brother)
- Cho Cho (my Grandma)
- Ko Ko (my Dad and it is supposed to be Kong Kong but she somehow could not pronounce words ending with 'ng')
- Mah Mah (my Mom)
- Cher Cher (any girls or ladies who looks Chinese)
- Kakak (anyone who looks not so Chinese)
- Kor Kor (boys and guys)
- Pha Pha(scared in Mandarin)
- Nen Nen (milk)
- Len Len (cold in Mandarin)
- mum mum
- Banana (sometimes Na Na)
- Donkey (as in Eeyore)
- Growls like a tiger
- Shh Shh
- Poo Poo
- No No
- Ya Lar.... (very Malaysian)
- and not forgetting, lots of shrieks and screams
- Dance when she hears her favourite music/song
- Shake her index finger - No
- Hands on her chest - Scared
- Hands on stomach - Feeling full
- Waving her hands - Come
- Waving hands side to side - Hello & Goodbye
- Clasping 2 hands together - Pray
- Clasping 2 hands together & wobbling up & down - Gong Xi Gong Xi
- Hands on the mouth - OH OH & looking surprised
- Pointing at her eyes, nose and ears when asked
- Picking up her toys
- Waits for me outside the toilet when I said "Stop there and wait for Mummy"
- Throwing stuffs into the dustbin
- Bring her shoes when we tell her we are going out
- Bring us stuffs or pass things around
Snail mails are like rare gem now that we have the convenience of emails. It still thrills me to receive real cards and letters occasionally. Not that emails and ecards mean anything less but snail mails somehow feels warmer and more sentimental. I remember how I used to wait eagerly for my weekly letters from schoolmates to arrive when we went separate ways to different colleges. I even remember I once waited anxiously for a classic cuckoo clock my uncle sent me from London. The feeling was exciting and something we don’t really feel waiting for an email.
I believe there are more old mails around the home, waiting to be found again. I hope I will be able to find time to dig them out.
Since I will be meeting up with a classmate this trip home, I should bring along some of the mails she sent me and we can have a hearty laugh about her stories. That sounds like a terrific agenda! And this also reminds me to send out some real cards this coming Christmas. :)
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
"To all the real moms who trade their eyeliners for dark circles, salon cuts for ponytails,long showers for quick showers,late nights for early mornings, designer bags for diaper bags and wouldn't change a thing. Lets see how many moms re-post this. This is for the moms who don't ...care... about what they gave up instead... LOVE what they get ...in return. Re-post this if you're a mom and love your kids!"
Monday, August 16, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
- Count your blessings.
- Stop focusing on others weaknesses.
- Remember 1 good point about everyone you know in your life (even though some of them are difficult to be liked).
- Remember that all the good and bad deeds you did might come back to you in folds. So invest more in the good deeds.
- You do not need to win in all your battles. Sometimes taking a step back feels better than winning.
- Be grateful of what you have and what others do for you, no matter how little.
- Do not always put yourself on top of the list.
- If you can't please everyone, do not expect everyone to please you.
- Remember that the world doesn't revolves ONLY around you.