Sunday, October 31, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
I am blessed to have fresh strawberries from the recent Cameron trip to experiment with. So here is the recipe.
1. 2 cups of flour
2. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3. 1/2 tsp baking soda
4. 1/4 tsp salt
5. 1/2 cup of sugar
6. 2 tbsp of honey
7. 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
8. 2 eggs
9. 1/2 cup of milk or water
10. 1/2 cup of melted butter or oil
11. 1/4 cup of plain yoghurt
12. Chopped strawberries
13. Chocolate chips
1. Pour all dry ingredients into big bowl - flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar into a big bowl.
2. Lightly beat eggs and add in vanilla essence, milk, honey and melted butter. Mix well.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients into the well.
4. Combine both dry and wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
*consistency of batter should be pourable, slightly lumpy and not too thick
5. Add in and chocolate chips and chopped strawberries
*lightly coat fruits with flour before adding them into batter to avoid them from sinking to the bottom
6. Scoop 1 scoop of batter into muffin cups. Add half or quarter spoon of strawberry jam in the middle and to
up with another scoop of batter. Garnish with a slice or two of strawberries on top.
7. Put the tray in the middle of the oven. Bake for 10 mins at 200 degrees and continue to bake for another 10
mins at 150 degrees.
Note : * Preheat oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees but different type of oven may need different settings and baking time.
DH, DS and a friend tasted it and said it is very much more moist and fluffy than my previous attempts. They also love the fruity flavour from the fresh strawberries and the little surprise from the filling. I am guessing the moistness could be due to the addition of yoghurt and extra 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. I am not sure but I will try this recipe again.
What Could Be Better
No dome on my muffins. Perhaps it is due to the height of the muffin cups or maybe I scooped too much batter into the cup. I am going to study on this and learn how to make muffins with domes. All the best to me.