My very dear friend Lisa came over for a visit yesterday. We had a good time catching up and also it was just lovely to have someone special to share lunch with :)
Here's the recipe for pineapple fried rice & pancake.
Pineapple Fried Rice
1. Cooked rice (3 bowls)
2. 2 eggs
3. Chopped garlic
4. Diced shelled prawns
5. Shredded crabmeat *optional
6. Green peas
7. Diced fresh pineapples (if this is not available, canned pineapples would do the trick too)
9. Cashew nuts
1. 1/4 tsp salt
3. 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1. Pre-fried 1 egg and put aside.
2. Saute garlic in oil till soft.
3. Add in prawns and crabmeat and saute till they are half way cooked (prawns will turn light pink and less translucent).
4. Add in seasonings and quickly add in rice. Combine well.
5. Make a well in the middle and add in the egg. Let it set a little and mix well with the rice to make sure they are coated with the egg.
6. Add in the pre-fried egg, peas, pineapple and cashew nut. Combine well. Done.
As I am always stingy with using cooking oil, this fried rice is not as oily as it should be. But according to Lisa & Isabelle, it is YUMMY!
1. 2 cups plain flour (I used wheat flour from my Dad's company)
2. 2 cups water
3. 1/4 cup milk
4. 1 egg
5. Pinch of salt
6. 1/2 cup brown sugar
7. Few drops of vanilla essence
8. Bananas *optional (skipped bananas for this recipe because I ran out of bananas!)
1. Mix well the dry ingredients (flour, salt and brown sugar)
2. Add in water. Mix well.
3. Add in milk.
4. Add in vanilla.
5. Pan fry them till they turn golden brown in a non-stick pan with butter or oil.
Not overly sweet and perfect to go with a cuppa tea.