This is actually Isabelle's favourite dish, be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Broccoli & cauliflower cheese omelette. I decided to make one portion to enjoy all by myself because everytime I made it for her, I can't help but to sneak a few spoon from her plate. Bad mommy! And I love to have it with some mushroom relish and pan seared cherry tomatoes.
Here's the recipe:
Broccocauli cheese omelette
1. 1 egg (beaten and seasoned with a pinch of salt and black pepper)
2. Cauliflower and broccoli (cut into florets)
3. Minced garlic *optional
4. 1 pc of cheddar cheese
5. Spring onion (chopped) *optional
1. Heat oil/butter and saute garlic till fragrant
2. Add in cauliflower and broccoli florets
3. Add water enough to simmer the greens and till they are fork tender (texture is up to individual's preference)
4. Once tender, add in beaten egg and let it cook through.
5. Sprinkle cheese all over the omelette is about 70% cooked. Then sprinkle spring onion on the cheese.
6. Fold the omelette into half and blanketing the cheese. Let the cheese melt a little and dish out.
7. Garnish with spring onion
*Spring onion and cheese makes very good buddies but it is optional
Mushroom Relish & Cherry tomatoes
1. 5-6 Swiss brown mushroom (sliced)
2. Chopped garlic
3. sliced onions
4. Pinch of salt and pepper
5. 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
6. 6-8 cherry tomatoes
1. Heat oil/butter and saute garlic and onion till they are soft
2. Add in mushroom and saute
3. Add in balsamic vinegar and let it cook for about 30 seconds
4. Add in a good pinch of salt and pepper
5. Dish out
6. In the same pan, with the left over of the balsamic vinegar coating the bottom of the pan, toss the cherry tomatoes in it and sprinkle with pepper.