This is a long overdue post. Made this for dinner some time ago.
1. Half chicken or 2-3 piece of chicken breast or drumstick (whichever is preferred)
2. Dried squid *optional
3. A slice of ginger
4. Water to boil (I used 5 big bowls of water)
5. Salt, pepper and sugar for seasoning
1. Minced meat (pork or chicken)
2. Chopped prawns
3. Seasonings - A pinch of pepper and salt
4. 1/2 tsp of cornstarch
METHOD: Mix well and keep aside.
Egg Omelette *optional
1. 2 eggs (beaten)
2. pinch of salt and pepper
METHOD: Fry omelette and cut into strips. Put aside.
1. Sliced spring onion
2. Fried shallots
1. Boil chicken in a pot of water for 5-10 mins to remove impurities.
2. Boil another pot of water and add in the chicken, squid and ginger.
3. Let it simmer for approx 2 hours over low fire.
4. Remove chicken from pot to peel off the meat.
5. Shred the chicken meat and keep aside to garnish noodles later.
6. Return the bones into the pot and continue to boil. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of sugar.
7. Add in the meatballs and simmer till the meatballs float to the surface of the soup.
8. Blanched noodles in boiling water for about 1 minute (Cooking time to be adjusted to preferred texture of the noodles. Blanch longer if prefer noodles to be more tender)
9. Place noodles in a bowl and scoop soup to cover the noodles
10. Garnish with meatballs, shredded chicken, omelette, spring onion and fried shallots
Note: Meatballs and omelette strips can be omitted and is optional. The soup itself is good enough to go with just the noodles.