This recipe is known as Ham Yu Fa Lam Pou (in English means Salted Fish Pork Belly in Claypot). But as usual, the lazy me took the shortcut of cooking this, minus the claypot. Instead, I cook this in my green ecopan. :)
1. Pork belly (thinly sliced)
2. Sliced ginger
3. Minced garlic
4. Onion (cut into wedges)
5. 3-4 stalks of dried chillies (soaked in water)
6. 1 stalk of spring onion
7. *THE STAR OF THE DISH* Salted fish (baked in oven or panfried without oil till you smell the stinkiness. Set aside.
1. 1/4 tsp sugar
2. A dash of pepper
3. 1/2 tsp soy sauce
4. Some water
1. Heat oil. Saute ginger and garlic till fragrant.
2. Add in onion wedges and then the salted fish.
3. Add in pork belly slices. Stir and add in a dash of sugar. Let it caramalise (but not burnt).
4. Add in dried chilli and stir.
5. Add in seasonings and add a sprinkle water. Stir well.
6. Add in spring onion right before dishing out.
Me - More salted fish next time. But ok la... can do.
DH - Yum.
DS - Good ler!!!