Since I tried this dish in a Taiwanese restaurant, I have been craving for it and wanted to try to make it at home. It took me 2 weekends to hunt down the chinese chives at the wet market. Somehow, it is very rare and usually not available in supermarkets.
1. 1 bunch of chinese chives (with flower buds) - cut into small pieces, approximately 1cm length.
2. Minced pork or chicken - seasoned with pepper, soy sauce and a dash of cooking wine
3. Chopped garlic
4. Ginger - thinly sliced
5. Red chili - sliced
6. Fermented black bean - 1 tsp
1. Sugar - adjust to taste
1. Heat oil and saute the minced pork till they turn golden.
2. Add in garlic and ginger. Stir well till fragrant.
3. Add in black bean and stir for another 1 minute or so.
4. Add in seasoning and adjust to taste.
5. Add in chili. Stir well.
6. Dish out.
DH - No need to go back to the restaurant to eat this!
DS - Good!
Me - Will definitely cook this again!!!