Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cooking - Sushi


It has been a while, a long while since I last made sushi at home.  My sushi mat has long been gone. There was this Japanese fair going on in malls recently.  They are tiny bit cheaper now that they are on promotion.  I could not resist the temptation to get one of it and usher back my sushi making days.

Cucumber, crabstick, meat floss, mayo, wasabi... all that I need to make a basic roll of sushi.


Tools Needed:
-  Sushi mat (made of bamboo)
-  Nori sheets


Ingredients:
Rice
1.  2 cups of pearl rice or sushi rice (cooked)
2.  Mix 4 tbsp of vinegar + 1/4 tsp sugar + a pinch of salt
3.  Mix the vinegar cocktail with the cooked rice


Fillings I used
1.  Crabstick
2.  Luncheon Meat
3.  Cucumber strips
4.  Carrot strips
5.  Meat floss
6.  Salmon spread
7.  Mayonaisse


Method:
1.  Lay nori sheets on the sushi mat
2.  Spread rice (room temperature) on the nori.
3.  Spread fillings on the rice (in the centre)
4.  Start rolling away.   To cut the story short, here is a video of how to roll sushi

  Itadakimasu!!! 
(Let's eat - Japanese)


No comments: