Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2 years being a Mom


*picture sourced from google search


Come this May 8th, I would have achieved my first 2 years of being a Mommy (and yes, I have a long long way to go still). What have I learn throughout this journey?
  • my time is no longer mine alone but I don't mind
  • patience is the key to everything
  • not everything will go our way all the time
  • practise what I preach
  • multitasking & priority setting is the best life saving skill one can learn being a parent especially a sahm with no extra help at home
  • how just a smile from our precious little one can take away any anger and frustration
  • how simple things in life can make me smile ~ a hug and when Isabelle finish her meal
  • now, I know, how my parents get their grey hair! :)
  • I am so so so so extremely grateful for what my parents has done for me, truly
  • I now know how much parents would sacrifice for their child and their love is so unconditional
  • I love my parents even more now
  • Leaving my job is the hardest yet best decision I have made in my whole life!
  • There is a chinese saying that goes like 'raising a child for 100 years but worry about him for 99 years' and I can't help agreeing to that.
  • God is so awesome and amazing in creating a life itself
Cheers to mummyhood!







4 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

I agree to all the points you listed! And yes, do cherish and appreciate your parents while they are still around!

Oh, if only my parents are around to see Ben... sob sob... but I know they are looking down from up there at us.. ;)

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Hey!

Yes, your parents are watching from above and also nodding that you are doing a good job as a Mummy too :)

Cheers!

Kiddothings said...

Love this post. All the joys of mommyhood and the lessons learnt from it. Posts like these make me feel real blessed.

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Oh, yes! Motherhood is one of the blessed gift a woman can ever ask for! :) Cheers to mommyhood !