Made this yesterday. It is not exactly muffin nor is it cake but somewhere in between.
Here is the recipe:
1. 2 cups flour
2. 1 cup brown sugar
3. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
4. 1/2 tsp baking soda
5. 1/4 tsp salt
6. Some choc chips (preferred quantity) *optional
7. Raisins (preferred quantity) *optional
8. 3 tsp oatmeal
1. 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2. 100 ml milk/water
3. 135gm melted butter/oil
4. 1 tsp vanilla
5. 1/4 cup of plain yoghurt
6. Mashed Banana (about 2 or 3 medium size)
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl and make a well in the middle for the wet ingredients.
2. Add all the wet ingredients into the lightly beaten eggs in another separate bowl. Mix well.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients. Mix with spatula and take note NOT to overmix the batter. It should not take more than 12 stirs according to my record. Just mix till the dry ingredients are moistened.
*consistency of batter should be pourable, slightly lumpy and not too thick. Mix at your own judgement.
4. Do add in the mashed bananas half way mixing the batter.
5. Pour the batter into preferred casings. This time I used aluminium loaf casings.
6. Bake it at 200 degrees for 10 minutes then lower temperature to 150 degress and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until it is well done.
Note : * Preheat oven for 15 mins at 220 degrees but different type of oven may need different settings and baking time.
*This batter made 2 loafs and 6 medium muffin cups.
DS and DH took one loaf each to office. DS has commented that her colleagues said it is yummy and fragrant. Ahem... one of them even requested for the recipe *blushing*.
Am waiting for DH's colleagues response. Fingers crossed.