Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cooking ~ Soft Beancurd Cubes with Spicy Minced Pork

My version of Mah Poh Beancurd

I have a block of soft beancurd in the fridge and I did not want to do the usual steamed beancurd with toppings. So I decided to make this.

Ingredients
1. Minced pork (about 4 tsp) Marinate with salt, pepper and Shao Xing wine
2. Minced garlic
3. Sliced red chili *optional
4. Spring Onions *separate the whites and the greens
5. Cubed soft beancurd
6. Oil for sauteeing

Sauce
1. 1 tsp oyster sauce
2. 1 tbsp black bean
3. 1 tbsp fermented bean paste (tau chiu)
4. A dash of sesame oil
5. A dash of sugar and pepper
6. Mixture of 1/4 tsp of cornflour and some water for thickening & glossiness

Method
1. Saute the garlic and chili till fragrant
2. Add in black bean and fermented bean paste. Saute till fragrant
3. Add in white parts of the spring onion. Mix well
4. Add in minced pork and fry till the minced pork turns slightly golden
5. Add in sauce and water enough to simmer
6. Add in beancurd and gently stir to keep the delicate beancurd's in its cube shapes
7. Simmer for about 5 mins
8. Add in the cornflour mixture and let it cook for another 30 seconds
9. Dish up and garnish with green parts of the spring onion

Result
DH said it is good enough to defeat a restaurant version and he loves the gravy, perfect to go with steamed rice! That is a big star for me!!


2 comments:

Kiddothings said...

I'm going to try to cook this maybe tomorrow night. I think you should revamp your blog into a food blog. Seriously, you're such a good cook and so generous with sharing your recipes. Some more, food photography so nice already :). Was going to pin this but I don't know why your image is not showing leh.

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

I hope you like this recipe Germaine! :) Do come back here to share if it suits your tastebud !

Yeah, I just noticed the photos not appearing, just that big exclaimation mark. Argh! Let me dig out my old pics files and repost the pic.

Aiyo.. my blog is cap-pa-lang. neither here nor there. Jialat.