The bottle of Marmite we bought for Isabelle have been left untouched for months. It is too good to let it just sit and wait for its expiry date. So today, I scooped out big spoons of it to make Marmite pork ribs. Marmite is just so so versatile!
*This recipe works for chicken and also prawns
1. Pork ribs
2. Good pinch of salt
3. 1 tbsp Shao Xing wine
4. 1 tsp of Marmite,
5. 1 tbsp of corn flour
6. 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate soda
1. 1 tsp minced garlic
2. 1 tsp sugar/honey
3. 1 tbsp marmite
4. 1/2 tsp soy sauce
5. 1/2 tsp tomato sauce *optional
6. Some water
7. Mixture of 1/2 tsp cornflour & water for thickening
1. Spring Onions
1. Heat up oil and fry marinated pork ribs till they turn golden. Set aside.
2. Leave about 1 tbsp of oil in the pan. Saute garlic.
3. Once garlic is soft, add in sugar and let it dissolve.
4. Add in the rest of the sauce & water. Simmer.
5. Add in cornflour mixture.
6. Pour in the fried ribs and to coat the ribs with sauce.
7. Dish up and garnish with spring onions.