Monday, November 8, 2010

How Deep Is Their Love

*picture sourced from google*

When they say you DO NOT know how deep and unconditional parents' love is until you become one yourself, it is so true and is surely not a myth. And it is even more true that you'd want to take care of every little thing for your child and to protect them in anyway you can.

I tell myself every single day, that I am very blessed to both my parents around to love me. And I always ask God to give them many more years so that I can repay their love as much as I can.

During the recent long weekend, they were in town. I feel so ashamed that at almost mid 30s and a mother, I still wake up in the morning with breakfast ready on the table for me almost everytime they came for a visit. I should be the one to do this for them although I know they are happy to pamper us in all sorts of ways. I have to admit I am not a morning person but I know this should not be a reason.

Apart from this, they have done and are still doing a lot for us till this day, which melts my heart and at the same time raise the guilt in me. If I were asked, what does love and parenthood look like, I would say, them. Every time I try to imagine God's love, their love comes to mind. And each time I ask myself what type of parents am I going to be and how deep am I going to love my child, I think of my parents' love for me.

My vow to myself is the next trip they are here, I will ensure that I will rise early and do my little tiny small part for my dear parents even though I know they do not ask for anything in return. This is how great their love is.

Thank you Pa and Ma, for your non-expiring love and for loving me so unconditionally, unselfishly & so selflessly. Your love has inspired me to be a wonderful parent to my child as how you have been to me. Thank you.

"Colossians 3:20-24 ESV Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord."




4 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

What a sweet touching post for your parents! And yes, please please please do cherish them while they are still around. God bless you all! :)

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Hey Jenny!

Yes. I agree and will try my very best. :)

LittleLamb said...

Thanks for the reminder. My parents are local..so sometimes i do take things for granted.

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Hi L.Lamb,
It is normal to take things or anyone for granted but never too late to learn to re-cherish them. Cheers to our parents!