Monday, August 29, 2011

Baking ~ Moist Blueberry Muffins


Baking mood is in the air!

Parents coming down this week and I want to make something to welcome them. Bought some fresh blueberries yesterday and want to make something out of it. Unfortunately, my oven is not functioning fully, no heating on the top and just the bottom is working. I know whatever I bake will have no crispy and crumbly top. But I am persistent. Went ahead anyway.

And it is again, my lazy baking day. I chose not to use the creaming method this time. Just mix the dry and wet ingredients in 2 steps.
Moist Blueberry Muffins
Dry Ingredients:
1. 1 1/2 cup flour
2. 1 cup sugar
3. 1/2 tsp baking soda
4. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
5. 1/4 tsp salt
6. About 1/4 to 1/2 cup of blueberries (lightly coat them with some flour)

Wet Ingredients:
1. 1/2 cup melted butter or oil
2. 1/2 cup yoghurt
3. 1/2 cup milk or water
4. 2 eggs
5. 1/2 tsp vanilla essence


Method:
1. Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs.
3. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients except the blueberries and mix with electric hand mixer or by hand
4. Now add in the dry ingredients in 2 or 3 batches. Mix well as you add them in. (with electric hand mixer, about 20-30 seconds on low speed).
5. Once well combined, fold in blueberries.
6. Divide the batter into lightly greased cupcake molds or papercups.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for about 25 mins at 150 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean.
Note : * Preheat oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees but different type of oven may need different settings and bakingtime.


Results:
Me ~ This is probably the most moist cake I have ever made and I am happy to say I will stick to this method and this recipe in the future. No more creaming method, standing there with tired hands holding the hand mixer for donkey minutes. Despite the look without the golden top and very unpretty presentation due to the oven, it does taste yummy.

DH ~ "Maybe can make this for my office's events next time!!"

Isabelle ~ Skipped lunch and had 2 of this. I guess it pass her test too.




4 comments:

Alison said...

They do look yummy! I always go for the easier methods in baking :)

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Thanks Alison! Yummy - Yes. Ugly - Yes too!

=D

Kiddothings said...

I'm also all for lazy methods. Kudos to you for baking with a half-working oven! I'm also all for moist cakes so this will be a very good recipe for me to try. Thanks for sharing friend!

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Hey Germaine!

Hope you will like this recipe and do let me know when you try this out ya!