Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lippie Hunt!


Do you have a lipstick looking like this yet still using by digging it with lipbrush? Well, this is mine. It was a birthday gift from DS and I have been using this color regularly. This peachy pinky brownish and a little nude, complements me. Top favourite. But Shiseido Macquillage decided to discontinue this color when I thought I found myself a BFF!!

I had been searching for a color similar to this but to no avail. What I found would either be too dark, too light or make me look like I have jaundiced teeth when I smile (TOO PINK!). I don't know if it just me and my particularism but it is SO hard to find a color that goes with me.

After several attempts over the past few weekends, I finally found the replacement!! Please meet Estee Lauder's (EL) Pure Color in Crystal Blush (Shade #305). I am so happy and am already thinking if I should get another one just in case Estee decides to stop manufacturing this splendid lovely color from its collection, again. I cannot really imagine starting another round of hunting in the future.


Double bonus when I found EL's Pure Color Crystal Baby (Shade #301) to replace my Bobbi Brown's Uber Pink! I love this color too but I have finished 2 tubes and I feel that it is time for a change.

Verdict ~
Crystal Blush
-Suits my skin color very well and gives me a tinge of healthiness on my face. Not too orange-ish nor too brown. Love it.
-Creamy, moisturising and fragrance is not overpowering.

Crystal Baby
-Not overly pink. Pink with a little hint of very light brown. Usually nude colors make me look 'dead' and flat, not this baby! Very versatile color. I can mix it with a darker color if I want it to look less nude.
-Amazingly natural and looks just like my lips but better.




2 comments:

Kiddothings said...

Yes, I'm like you, dig out every little bit left inside. I hate lippie hunts too - so difficult to find the right colour. But, I seldom wear lipstick now so chosen lipstick has lasted me for the longest time. Congrats on finding the right colour replacement. Tmr can wear for me to see! :D

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

I hate to have 20 lippies but only using one of them. Waste of money and space.