I cook proper meal with real 3 dishes (sometimes with 1 soup) for 5 days a week on a typical week. Not too much to ask to have 1 lazy cooking day once a week, isn't it?
And this is the day. So I made just a cabbage soup in ikan bilis stock and my favourite spicy ikan bilis & caramalised onions. And this is the type of dish I make on my lazy day. Simple yet addictively delicious.
1. 1 bowl of ikan bilis (cleaned)
2. 2 medium sliced red onions
3. 3-4 cloves minced garlic
4. 1 red chili sliced
5. 1 stalk of spring onion (sliced)
1. 2 tsp sugar
2. 2 tsp fish sauce (or 1/2 tsp salt)
3. 1/2 tsp soya sauce
4. A dash of pepper
5. 1/4 tsp vinegar
1. Fry ikan bilis till crispy. Remove and set aside.
2. Saute red onions till they are soft.
3. Add in garlic. Saute till fragrant. Be careful not to let them brown too much.
4. Add in chili. Stir well.
5. Add in all seasoning except vinegar. Combine well.
6. Add in ikan bilis and stir well.
7. Sprinkle the vinegar over the ikan bilis. Stir well.
8. Now in goes the spring onion.
*This dish requires no water at all.
DH ~ Ho jiak!
Me ~ I will make this my signature dish. :)
DS ~ Really nice and yummy!!