1. Oil and butter for sautéing
2. Broccoli (cut into small florets)
3. Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
4. Swiss brown mushroom (sliced)
5. Onion (diced)
6. Garlic (chopped)
7. Chicken stock or water
8. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté garlic and onion till soft and fragrant
2. Add in broccoli and cauliflower florets. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add in the mushroom and fry for another 1 minute.
4. Pour in stock or water just enough to cover the vegetables. Replenish water as and when required.
5. Simmer for about 10 minutes or till the broccoli and cauliflower is tender. Add seasonings and continue to simmer for another 1 minute.
6. Let the soup cool. Scoop half of the soup to blend. Return the blended soup back to the pot with the rest of the unblended portion. *Optional – I prefer chunky veggie in my soup therefore, I didn’t blend the whole pot of soup.
7. Mix well and serve with some cream. I replaced the cream with evaporated milk as I didn’t have any in my fridge today. Drizzle a few drops of olive oil and milk on top of the soup as garnish.
2. Minced or grated garlic
1. Mix butter (at room temperature) with minced garlic
2. Freeze them back in the fridge.
3. Toast bread in oven for 2 minutes at 150 degrees.
4. Remove bread from oven and spread garlic butter generously.
5. Return them back into the oven and continue to toast them for 1 minute at 150 degrees.