Had been in the mood for pasta and salad since last week. Here is what I did for our dinner tonight.
Tomato Tuna Penne
1. A can of tuna (in water or olive oil)
2. 1 onion (diced)
3. Garlic (minced)
4. 4-5 sundried tomatoes (cut into strips)
5. 2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
6. Swiss brown mushrooms (sliced)
7. Salt and pepper to taste
8. 2-3 tsp of tomato sauce or puree
9. Vegetable oil or EVOO to saute
10. Penne (or any pasta preferred) cooked
11. Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
12. 2-3 tsp of cream or evaporated milk
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil till soft
2. Add in tomato wedges and mushroom. Fry for about 1 minute.
3. Add in sundried tomatoes.
4. Add in tomato sauce or puree.
5. In goes the salt and pepper.
6. Add in water according to preferred consistency of the sauce. Let the sauce simmer for about 2 minutes.
7. Add in tuna. Use spatula to break up the tuna.
8. Mix well and simmer for another 1 minute.
9. For creamier sauce, add in cream. I used about 3 tsp of evaporated milk in this recipe.
10. Pour in the cooked penne and combine them well. Dish up, garnish with parmesan cheese and dig in!
Refreshing Cucumber-Pineapple-Tomato Feta Cheese Salad
1. Diced cucumber (chilled)
2. Diced pineapple (chilled)
3. Diced tomato (chilled)
4. 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
5. A pinch of black pepper
6. 1/2 tsp of olive oil or vegetable oil
7. Some feta cheese (preferred quantity)
1. Mix the cucumber, pineapple and tomato
2. Mix the oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper in a separate bowl. Then drizzle on to the mixed fruits.
3. Garnish with feta cheese. Ready to be served.
DH - Can we have this everyday?
DS - Thumbs up for the penne and requested for more sauce the next time I make this again. No comments for salad because to her, salad is rabbit food and she gave it a pass.