Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Mummy's Birthday Wish


Precisely one week from now, I will be another year busier & wiser (and very much older).

DH has tried his luck getting me gifts for birthdays and other memorable occasions for the past years. But he married a fussy and choosy wife. But again, I am also a grateful wife. So from then on, I have suggested to him not to choose, anything for me in my absence. This is also because I do not want him to spend his hard earned money to buy something that I don't really need.

So as the day draws nearer, DH ask me even more frequently what do I want for my birthday gift. Usually, I will have my answer. But this year, I seriously do not know.

I have wondered about what I want. I have imagined myself... what gift would make me a happy birthday mummy. Flowers? Cake? Perfume? Shopping spree? Trip to the spa? All that does not seem to thrill me as much as it would previously. Maybe being a mummy transformed my choice of presents.

How about... spending my birthday by living a non-mummy day?
I like the sound of it but I don't like it that I will miss Isabelle madly being away from her.

What about... letting DH take over my job for a day & a well deserved day off for me?
I silently think this is a pretty good idea (wishful thinking). I wonder what would he think.

Paint the town red & a crazy night out with girlfriends?
I like it but it is impossible. Most of my girlfriends are married with kids and all we ever get to do together was a short lunch and with kids running mad around us.

How about you mummies out there? What is the best and most fun birthday celebration have you had on your special day after being a busy mummy who had almost no time for yourself throughout the whole year?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope u found something that u will truely enjoy for your birthday!

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Lynn..

Thank u! I hope I will :)

I'm a full-time mummy said...

I think I'll stuff myself with jelly birthday cake! :P

LittleLamb said...

I'll be spending both Philip and my bday on the same day..7th oct cos on 6th oct, i hv an important meeting.

so on 7 oct, after the school party, i plan to bring philip to camp 5 at 1u. after which probably to petting zoo. oh..on the 6th oct, after my important meeting, i will take half day off to visit the spa =p

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Hi L.Lamb!
Right! We have the same birthdays :)
Your plan sounds wonderful.
Are you going to Kharayena?

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Jenny,
That sounds yummy!