My first attempt to make tomyam with prawns.
Okay... I didn't blend all the spices from scratch and I am a self confessed lazy mom because I use the ready packed tomyam spice. BUT... I added some extras for better taste and personal touch.
Am waiting for my guinea pigs to come home to taste it and hopefully 2 thumbs up :)
Here's the recipe to share:
- Medium sized prawns (cleaned & keep the shells intact)
- A packet of tomyam spice of any brand (since this dish is new in my kitchen vocab, I have yet to study which brand is worth the try)
- Fresh tomatoes wedges
- Spring onion
- Onion slices
- Saute garlic and onions for about 1 minute
- Add in the spice and saute till fragrant
- Add in parsley and spring onions
- Add in water (according to preferred consistency) and simmer
- Add in prawns and it is ready once all prawns are thoroughly cooked
- Sprinkle the rest of the spring onion and parsley as garnishing.
Prawns added in and simmering