I have 2 more stems of fresh basil standing pretty in a vase on my kitchen top. But it doesn't look like it is going to survive another day. So I had to quickly use it. Yes, another basilish day :)
Today, I made my favourite thai dish. Thai Basil Minced Pork.
1. Minced pork (you can use this recipe for chicken, seafood and beef)
2. Minced garlic
3. Sliced onion
4. Red chillies
5. Spring onion
6. Red capsicum * optional
7. Basil leaves
1. 2 tsp fish sauce
2. 1 tsp sugar
3. 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce for color
4. Dash of pepper
(No salt needed as the fish sauce is salty enough)
1. Saute garlic and red chillies
2. Once fragrant, add in minced pork and separate the minced pork with the back of spatula. Saute till golden.
3. Add in sliced onions, spring onions & red capsicum
4. Add sauce mixture and simmer 2 minutes
5. Add in basil leaves and give it a quick stir, dish up.