We have another lunch and playdate today and it was at my place this time.
Was thinking of what to cook and I figured that my Colorful Fried Rice would do the trick. Suits the adults and the kids as well. 1 dish for all.
I named it colorful because of its colorful! Yellow, green and orange. I could have added in more colors but these 3 colors are good enough.
It is a simple dish that I would make each time I run out of ideas of what to cook.
1. Cooked rice (cooled to room temperature)
2. Chopped onion
3. Chopped garlic
4. Chopped ginger *optional
6. Dried shrimps (soaked in water for about 10 minutes then chopped or minced)
7. Diced Carrots
8. Diced frenchbeans (can be replaced with greenpeas)
9. Corn kennels
10. 2 eggs (Pre-fried 1 egg and the other egg is to fry together with the rice)
11. Salt & pepper to taste
12. Some cooking oil
1. Heat oil and saute chopped onion, garlic and ginger till soft and slightly golden
2. Add in dried shrimp and fry till they start to 'dance' on the pan
3. Add in crabmeat and fry till fragrant
4. Add in carrots, frenchbeans & corn kennels. Sprinkle a little bit of water to moisten the vegies.
5. Add in salt and pepper to taste
6. Add in rice and mix well
7. Make a well in the middle and pour a little bit of oil to fry the egg. Break the egg in the middle and mix well with the rice
8. Add in the pre-fried egg and fry everything together till it is well combined.
I only had time to take a picture of the ingredients. Had to get this done before our guests arrive and also no time to take the picture of the end result. Kids were hungry and needed to be fed right away.