Mom gave me an electric mixer some time ago (being a fan of high-tech kitchen gadgets, she don't need this mini tool for a mini baker like me). But due to the busy schedule of moving house and the renovation, I have not had the time to test it out although I felt the itch to start using to sharpen my baking skills. My previous attempts with cakes/muffins requires no gadgets. Just a spatula. Plus, I finally manage to get a cupcake mold that fits my mini oven.
Today, I finally had the chance and time to put the mixer to the test. Boy, it was fun!!! Isabelle was very interested in it too :)
1. 1 1/2 cup flour
2. 1/2 tsp salt
3. 1 tsp baking powder
4. 1/2 tsp baking soda
5. 1/2 cup yoghurt
6. 1/4 cup milk
7. 3/4 cup sugar
8. 1/2 cup melted chocolate
9. 1/2 cup butter
10. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
11. 1 tsp vanilla
12. 2 eggs
13. Handful of chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside
2. Beat sugar and butter till creamy on medium speed.
3. Add in eggs, yoghurt, milk, vanilla, oil & melted chocolate. Combine well.
4. Add in flour/dry ingredients into the wet batter and mix well.
5. Pour batter into mold (greased) and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 mins, then lower temperature to 150 degrees and bake for another 10 mins.
Note : * Preheat oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees but different type of oven may need different settings and baking time.