This is one dish I like to order when we eat out. Sinfully tasty (and pricey) and aromatic.
Found curry leaves, evaporated milk (left over from my kuey jagung recipe) and prawns in the fridge and why not Creamy Butter Prawns cooked in claypot.
1. Medium sized prawns (about 10 pcs)
2. Chopped garlic
3. Chopped shallot or red onion
4. Some ginger
5. 1 red chilli (sliced) or chili padi
6. A handful of curry leaves
7. 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
8. 1/4 cup of water
9. 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp of oil for sauteing
10. 2 stalks of spring onion *optional
Seasoning (to adjust to taste):
1. 2 tsp fish sauce *optional, can be replaced with salt
2. 1 tsp sugar
3. a pinch of salt
1. Saute ginger, onion and garlic till fragrant (not brown) in mixture of oil and butter
2. Add in milk and seasoning, simmer on low heat for about 1-2 minutes
3. Add in curry leaves and red chili. Add water if sauce is too thick to your liking.
4. Now, add in prawns and simmer till prawns is thoroughly cooked (but not overcooked)
5. Add in spring onion.
Me ~ I really think this is yummy. Wont order this dish in restaurant again due to the price they charge whenever prawns are in the bill.
DH ~ NICE!!!