A friend was asking for suggestion of what to make for her daughter's school party. She wanted to make something simple, hassle-free and requires no reheating before serving. I thought of this Kuey Jagung. Just need to cook the ingredients, steam and chill.
1. 1 cup of custard powder
2. 1 cup of sugar (I used only 3/4 cup)
3. 1/2 cup evaporated milk
4. 1/2 cup coconut milk
5. 1/2 cup water
6. a pinch of salt
7. 1 cup of creamed corn
8. 1/4 cup of sago (Boil in water until they turn translucent, drain off water and keep aside)
8. Pandan leaves (screwpine)
1. Mix well ingredients No. 1-6 in & pandan leaves a pot and simmer over low fire.
(Note: Keep stirring to avoid burning the mixture)
2. Once they start to bubble, add in corn and sago. Stir and combine well.
3. Transfer mixture into a lightly greased mold and steam for about 15 minutes.
4. Let it cool and chill it in refrigerator.
(Note : Do not slice the kuey before they are completely cooled)
Isabelle ~ Hao Chi.. nice.. Mummy!
Me ~ Not bad but a little sweet. Will cut to 1/2 cup sugar in future attempts.
DH ~ Hmm... Nice. Can make for guests next time.