Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cooking ~ Pumpkin Cauliflower Soup & Croutons


Susan and little Shawn was here today to visit us. I made this soup for lunch. And getting a thumbs up from a restaurateur is as good as getting a distinction for a subject I wasn't prepared for!

I have made this soup previously with broccoli. This time, I used pumpkin and to add texture to the soup, I toast some bread (aka croutons) and it turns out well.

Croutons (toasted bread cubes)
Ingredients:
1. Bread of any type (cut into cubes)
2. Butter and oil
3. Garlic *optional
4. a pinch of salt

Method:
1. Mix butter (room temperature) with some minced garlic. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven 150 degrees.
3. Heat oil in pan and add in garlic butter.
4. Add in cubed breads. Toss and mix well.
5. Remove from pan and switch them into baking pan. Lightly sprinkle salt on the bread cubes.
6. Spread the bread evenly on the pan and bake till they turn golden brown.
7. Remove and let them cool.
8. Serve with soup.
(To store, ensure to let them cool completely before storing into containers)

Result
Shawn & Isabelle ~ They didn't want the soup at all and only wants the croutons! I guess they are good. :)

No comments: