Monday, June 14, 2010

Her Lullaby - What A Friend We Have in Jesus

DH successfully lulled Isabelle to bed tonight. And that was because I reminded him to hum her favourite lullaby. ♪♪♪ ♪♪♪ ♪♪♪ ♪♪♪ Nevertheless, good job my DH :) And yes, her lullaby is the soothing and peaceful old hymn 'What A Friend We Have In Jesus'.

When my confinement nanny went home at the end of her employment, I knew I had to think of a lullaby and instantly, this song emerged in my mind and today, it has been a year and a month since I started to sing this song 3 times a day, sometimes 4. And I am not complaining.

My late grandmother loved this hymn. Vivid, lovely and very warm memories of her came into my mind almost each time I sing this song. And each time I think of her, I miss her and wish so hard that she is still around. I hope I will be able to blog about her soon.

And to Isabelle, this song never fails to lead her into dreamland.

Good night & happy dreams, my little baby.




No comments: