Monday, July 12, 2010

Bye Bye 2 naps - Almost Failed

Tried the 1 nap routine today and it was H.A.R.D.W.O.R.K. and I think I failed badly!

I am not sure if this works for me and if I can do it again tomorrow. Will need to wait to see how long Isabelle is going to nap with this 1 nap thingy.

Previously with the 2 naps per day, after her bath, she would usually play for a little while and will settle down for her nap. Once she falls asleep, I will rush to prepare our lunch then quickly grab a quick late morning shower. That way, I could atleast enjoy a peaceful shower and then a proper sit down lunch.

With this 1 nap system, I can only shower when I put her inside her playpen or cot. And I will step out of the bathroom every 30 seconds with foams all over me to peeped at her to check if she is safe and not chewing some books away. I could not prepare lunch without running all over the kitchen and hall to chase after her wrapped clumsily in my motherly apron and maybe a ladle in my hands. That does not only slow down my cooking but also seriously dangerous.

My verdict is if by dragging her usual nap time 11.30am to 1.30pm enables her to sleep through 3 hours nap in one go and go to bed earlier at night, then I might consider going for it again tomorrow.

4 comments:

LittleLamb said...

For me, I used to freeze Philip's meal. So just heat up n eat. Normally I cook western ones.

Also, put her in a safe quadran
then you dont have to peep occasionally checking on her

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

I used to freeze her food. Convenient and saves time. Now, her preferences for food changes everyday. So I try to cook different food for her. That explains why i need to cook on daily basis.

Her playpen & cot is safe but nowhere is 100% safe.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

When your playpen no longer serves its purpose (ours already turned into a toy storage thingy) then you will really have headache.

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Oh No... That sounds scary la!

I hope the playpen will serve its purpose for as long as possible.