Friday, July 9, 2010

Power of P & P


Power of prayer & patience is simply wonderful!!

I had difficulty rinsing Isabelle's shampooed hair since about 1.5 weeks ago as I have shared in my earlier post. Almost devastated, I added this into my prayers. I asked God to teach me how to deal with it or to teach me how to bluff her to let me get the job done.

As usual, took Isabelle into the bathroom and as usual again, once the water touches her head, she shrieked. I stopped and let her play with her unusual toys aka plastic spoon and some container lid. Then I uttered "Lord, please help me". I continued to play with her and then after a while, as I told her "Let Mummy wash your hair ya" I slowly lie her head down on my wrist. Surprisingly, she didn't struggle and today, after 1.5 weeks, I finally get to really wash her hair!!

And my baby's hair is now squeaky clean and smells lovely!

6 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Yeay congrats!

Btw, why need to lie her head on your wrist ar?

When I shampoo Ben's hair, I wet it by spraying (use shower head) his hair wet then rub in shampoo, add in some massage, then just rinse off. He will run around once normally as the water touches his face then he'll settle down and I continue to rinse off the shampoo. So far ok lo...

( I'm a full-time mummy )

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

How to describe ar.. she will sit upright in the tub, so i just let her lean back by slightly 45 degrees and i hold her head/neck by my wrist/arm.. so that i can run the water down her head.

Lisa Lau-Croydon said...

God is good! :) Congrats, Cath! That is such a special moment... :)

Lisa Lau-Croydon said...

God is good! :) Congrats, Cath! That is such a special moment... :)

Lisa Lau-Croydon said...

God is good! :) Congrats, Cath! That is such a special moment... :)

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Yes Lisa.

God is awesome :) at all times, good and bad.