Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My First Toddler~hood Challenge






It has been quite a struggle lately to rinse off Isabelle's shampooed hair. I have tried all ways and tricks but alas. I end up using thinner and more diluted shampoo on her. She would cry and shriek and cling on to my neck and wanted to flee from her tub.












Second challenge was not finishing her meals. She used to finish off everything on her plate and would accept any food served.

Yes, I admit that I do loose my cool when that happens. I know I should not. It is ridiculous to be mad at her. Most of the time, I would sulk and let the guilt drown me. I'd hug and kiss her as I apologise to her for getting angry at her. Not that she knows what happened. She gave me that sweet heart melting smile of hers and the more guilty I'd feel.

Bathing and feeding her was one of my favourite routine of the day throughout the last 13.5 months. It now causes me anxiety and a little bit of fear. I felt lost and do not know how to make it work for Isabelle and I.

After a few rounds of that ordeal, I accepted the fact that I cannot expect her to be able to finish all her meals, every single day. I need to acknowledge that she is only human to be curious, wanting to try different food occasionally just like we adults do.

Looks like I am going to have to google for more recipes for toddler, get the creative side of me work harder and most of all, to be 101% more patient.

5 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

For Ben, I let him run around the bathroom and since using the Buds Organics products, he doesn't have any problems with the soaps/shampoo running down his face (previous brand will cause him to wipe and rub his eyes - probably stings or something)

As for feeding, I'm currently resorting to giving things to Ben while I feed him, as in let him play with small plastic containers, packets of coffee mix (MIL's), his small toy cars, fridge magnets, anything small and safe that will keep him busy and occupied while I quickly shove the food into his mouth hahaha...

( I'm a full-time mummy )

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Actually, we use Mustela for Belle and all these while, zero problem shampooing her and doesnt sting her eyes at all. Not sure what has got into her. :(

Feeding wise, I use the same method as you too. Anything that is safe for her to play with, I give it to her and within minutes, clean plate!

Looks like the magic doesnt work for her anymore. boohoohoo.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

the worst part is when i see my hubby feeding Ben. all done in less than 15 min (i took around 20-30mins) and he didn't even get ben to pause for drinks! and no need to distract him with toys! sigh... man...

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

aiks.. what is your hb's magic la?

I'm a full-time mummy said...

I have no idea. But it works. And I am jealous!