Saturday, July 17, 2010

Papa is Mama?

Isabelle have been mumbling her Daddy version 'Deeh -Dee' for few weeks now. Makes Daddy a very happy & proud Daddy.
DH has been training her to call Mummy but to no avail. The funny thing was, everytime we ask her to repeat after us 'Mama', she will go 'Papa'. So we guess her 'Papa' is actually 'Mama'!

Today, she successfully calls my sister 'Eee'. Grins of happiness.

I guess I will have to be her 'Papa' till further notice. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

2 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

My friend say babies very difficult to pronounce words like 'mi (as in mummy, daddy, granny).. so my hopes of hearing Ben saying mummy is not so high la... plus he used to call me 'nen-nen' when I was teaching him to say mummy... even now, sometimes he will call me 'mam-ma' or sometimes he just pat my chest or my face and not say anything. For daddy though, Ben will say 'Papa' - sigh... jealous-nya...

Catheryn @ Pink Bibs said...

Isabelle can say Miao Miao but not Mama... sigh... yeah... i also jealous.